- Registering for our database does not commit you to taking part in any experiments. You will receive emails inviting you to participate in experimental sessions. Only people who have signed up for a session may participate in that session.
- You must be over 18 to be including in our database.
- Please arrive on time to all experimental sessions that you sign up for. If you cannot make the start time for a session, please give the experimenter at least 24 hours’ notice of your cancellation via email.
- Please bring a photo ID (ISIC card, driving license, passport or other recognized ID) to all sessions.
- If more participants arrive on time than are required for an experiment, the experimenter will select participants to be included. Non-selected participants will be sent away with a show-up fee of 100 CZK.
- If you arrive late, and the session has already started, do not attempt to enter the laboratory or knock on the door. Doing so will disrupt the session. If you are late, you will not be entitled to a show-up fee. You may contact the laboratory manager after the session if you feel there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you repeatedly fail to show up for experiments or arrive late you may be disqualified from any future participation.
- When in the laboratory, please obey the instructions of the experimenters and Laboratory staff at all times. Failure to do so may lead to you being asked to leave the laboratory and disqualified from future participation.
- While in the session, unless you are otherwise instructed, please remain silent and do not communicate with other participants. If you have a question, raise your hand and wait for an experimenter to advise you.
- You may only maintain one identity on the Laboratory database. If you deliberately maintain multiple identities, you will be removed from the database and disqualified from future participation.
- When registering in the Registration System for Economic Experiments, we ask you to provide demographic and other information. This information will be used solely for research purposes within research projects or MUEEL scientific cooperation and will not be provided to any other organization or person. In particular, the information provided will be used to select appropriate participants for the experiments, to inform participants about upcoming experiments and to monitor participation in experimental sessions.
- It is optional to provide some personal information . You do not have to provide them, but note that some studies may require demographic variability, so you may not be invited to an experimental session if you do not provide this information.
- Please enter your data into the database accurately and truthfully. Participants with inaccurate or false information may be excluded from the system. MUEEL and Masaryk University are committed to high standards of confidentiality and privacy.
- For research reasons, it is possible that in some cases demographic data from the subscriber database will be linked to experiment results. If this happens, your anonymity will be maintained, and you will be notified of such change by email.
- Your data will be treated as strictly confidential in accordance with the principles of personal data protection and in accordance with applicable law. Your data will be stored in a secure form on a secure server of Masaryk University for a maximum period of ten years and will not be transferred on to anyone else.
- Access to personal data in the system is restricted to a limited number of MUEEL staff who have been acquainted with the Masaryk University Directive No. 1/2018 on Personal Data Protection and Processing.
- Experiments and decisions made by them are software-recorded on a different platform, or research is conducted using non-electronic methods. During the experiments, decision making is anonymous unless otherwise stated in the session.
- Information on the processing and protection of personal data at Masaryk University is available on the MU Official Board: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/official-notice-board/personal-data-protection. In case of complaints or ambiguities regarding the processing of your personal data, do not hesitate to contact the Data Protection Officer for Masaryk University at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consent to the processing of personal data
I have been informed that:
- I have the right to request access to, correction or erasing my personal data, or to request restrictions on processing, and the right to object to the processing of my personal data ;
- I have the right to file a complaint to the supervisory authority (Office for Personal Data Protection) if I believe that the processing of my personal data is unlawful;
- I have the right to withdraw this consent to the processing of my personal data at any time, without risking any sanctions or disadvantages, by sending my withdrawal to the electronic address email@example.com, or in another form to the contact details for the processing of personal data.
- The contact person of the personal data controller is Ing. Katarína Čellárová, Laboratory of Experimental Economics, Faculty of Economics and Administration MU, Lipová 507 / 41a, 602 00 Brno, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on the information above, I grant consent to personal data controller - Masaryk University, registered office in Žerotínovo nám. 617/9, 601 77 Brno , to the processing of my personal data for the purpose of scientific research for a period of 10 years.