- You must be 18 years or older to be registered in the Registration System for Economic Experiments.
- By enrolling into the system, you do not commit in advance to participate in any experiment. Registration serves to show interest in participating in an economic experiment; you will receive occasional emails with invitations to participate in laboratory sessions, or with invitations to participate in online experiments.
- You can have only one user account in the database. If you are intentionally using multiple accounts, you will be excluded from the system and from future participation in the experiments.
- If you do not wish to receive further invitations and to be excluded from the system, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules for Participation in Laboratory Experiments
- Sessions of economic laboratory experiments take place mainly in MUEEL laboratories at the Faculty of Economics and Administration (ESF MU). In connection with MUEEL's research activities and scientific cooperation, you can also be invited to an experiment outside the ESF MU building.
- Participation in an experimental session is only allowed for those who enroll in the session. The researcher may also open a waiting list for a given session. Please note that by signing on to the waiting list, you are not entitled to attend the session, but you will be informed if seats become available for that session.
- You are free to deregister from any experimental session by yourself in the system up to 12 hours before the session is scheduled to begin. Later deregistration requests or apologies will be considered as no-show-up.
- If you do not show-up to 2 sessions for which you were enrolled, you will receive a notification via e-mail that your record now shows two no-show-ups. If you do not show-up 3 times or more, you will be excluded from further invitations.
- For all experimental sessions that you have enrolled in you should arrive at least 15 minutes before the announced start and bring a photo ID (ISIC, ID card, passport, or other id with photo). If you are on the waiting list, please do not go to the session unless you are informed via email that free seats have become available.
- If more participants show up than the required number for the experimental session, the experiment organizer will decide which participants will attend the session. A show-up fee of CZK 100 will be paid to the non-selected participants and they will not participate in the session. The entitlement to the show-up fee expires at the moment when the experiment begins.
- If you are late for the session and the session is already in progress, please do not try to enter the laboratory and do not knock on the door. By doing so, you can disturb the experiment.
- As soon as you enter the laboratory, always follow the instructions of the experiment organizer and the support staff. If you disobey the instructions, we may ask you to leave the lab, and you may also be excluded from participating in future experiments.
- The payment for participation in an experimental session is always made confidentially and in private.
- When registering for the Registration System for Economic Experiments, we ask you to provide demographic and other information. This information will be used solely for research purposes within research projects or MUEEL scientific cooperation and will not be provided to any other organization and person. In particular, the information provided will be used to select appropriate participants in the experiments, to inform participants about upcoming experiments and to monitor participation in experimental sessions.
- Please enter your data into the database accurately and truthfully. Participants with inaccurate or false information may be excluded from the system. MUEEL and Masaryk University are committed to high standards of confidentiality and privacy.
- For research reasons, it is possible that in some cases demographic data from the subscriber database will be linked to experiment results. If this happens, your anonymity will be maintained, and you will be notified of such change by email.
- Access to personal data in the system is restricted to a limited range of MUEEL staff who have been acquainted with the Masaryk University Directive No. 1/2018 on Personal Data Protection and Processing.
- The registration system for economic experiments is operated on a secure server of Masaryk University.
- Experiments and decisions made by them are software-recorded on a different platform, or research is conducted using non-electronic methods. During the experiments, decision making is anonymous unless otherwise stated in the session.
- Some of the personal information is optional. You do not have to provide them, but note that some studies may require demographic variability, so you may not be invited to an experimental session if you do not provide this information.
Masaryk University Experimental Economics Laboratory
Faculty of Economics and Administartion
602 00 Brno
Developers and Software
The program can be licensed free of charge.
When you report results of experiments administered with hroot, the licence requires that you mention it's use in the publication and cite the Working Paper.
The correct citation is: The experiment was organized and recruited with the software hroot (Bock, Olaf, Ingmar Baetge & Andreas Nicklisch, 2014).
Reference: Bock, Olaf, Ingmar Baetge & Andreas Nicklisch (2014). hroot – Hamburg registration and organization online tool. European Economic Review 71, 117-120.
How to order hroot?
To get a licence please contact: email@example.com
School of Business, Economics and Social Sciences
Phone: +49 – (0) 40 - 42 83 8 - 37 59 Project site for hroot
We need a postal address to send you back the contract and we need an email address, to send you login and password for downloading hroot.
hroot is created in a collaborative process and is constantly improved by its users. In order to ease and enhance the cooperation of all interested users of hroot we have set up a GitHub platform in the Internet (https://github.com
). There you will always find the latest version of hroot, as well as a wiki with a detailed installation guide. In GitHub you may also report errors to us. Especially it is possible to document your changes of the hroot code on this collaborative project site, so that the improvements of individual users are quickly available to all other licensees.
For licensees: In order to obtain the software via the GitHub platform, please register for a (free) user account on https://github.com
. You will immediately receive your own GitHub-User-ID there. If you then simply tell us your GitHub username (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
), we will enroll you asap for the hroot project.
hroot is implemented with Ruby on Rails.
© 2011-2018 Universität Hamburg