Masaryk University Experimental Economics Laboratory
Faculty of Economics and Administartion
602 00 Brno
- Registering for our database does not commit you to taking part in any experiments. You will receive emails inviting you to participate in experimental sessions. Only people who have signed up for a session may participate in that session.
- You must be over 18 to be including in our database.
- Please arrive on time to all experimental sessions that you sign up for. If you cannot make the start time for a session, please give the experimenter at least 24 hours’ notice of your cancellation via email.
- Please bring a photo ID (ISIC card, driving license, passport or other recognized ID) to all sessions.
- If more participants arrive on time than are required for an experiment, the experimenter will select participants to be included. Non-selected participants will be sent away with a show-up fee of 100 CZK.
- If you arrive late, and the session has already started, do not attempt to enter the laboratory or knock on the door. Doing so will disrupt the session. If you are late, you will not be entitled to a show-up fee. You may contact the laboratory manager after the session if you feel there are extenuating circumstances.
- If you repeatedly fail to show up for experiments or arrive late you may be disqualified from any future participation.
- When in the laboratory, please obey the instructions of the experimenters and Laboratory staff at all times. Failure to do so may lead to you being asked to leave the laboratory and disqualified from future participation.
- While in the session, unless you are otherwise instructed, please remain silent and do not communicate with other participants. If you have a question, raise your hand and wait for an experimenter to advise you.
- You may only maintain one identity on the Laboratory database. If you deliberately maintain multiple identities, you will be removed from the database and disqualified from future participation.
- When you sign up for our database, we will ask for demographic and other information. This information will only be used by researchers associated with MUEEL when choosing participants to invite for their studies and will not be made available to any other organization. Additionally, it will only be used for selecting subjects for experiments, informing subjects about upcoming experiments, and monitoring attendance at booked experimental sessions.
- In future, we may link demographic data from the participant database to data generated during experiments. If so, this will be done in such a way as to preserve your anonymity and you will be informed of this change by email.
- The participant database is stored in the secure servers at Masaryk University.
- Decisions taken by participants during experimental sessions will be recorded by other computer software. These decisions will always remain anonymous, unless otherwise stated during the session. Payments will be made privately and confidentially.
- Some of the personal details we request are optional. You do not have to provide them, but be aware that certain studies may require screening by demographic information and as a result you may not be invited to those studies that require that information to qualify you as a participant.
- You are entitled to remove your data from the participant database at any time. To do so, please contact the laboratory via email. (email@example.com)
Developers and Software
The correct citation is:
The experiment was organized and recruited with the software hroot (Bock, Nicklisch, Baetge 2012).
Olaf Bock; Andreas Nicklisch; Ingmar Baetge (2012): hroot: Hamburg registration and organization online tool. WiSo-HH Working Paper Series No. 1, 2012.
How to order hroot?
To get a licence please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Business, Economics and Social Sciences
Phone: +49 – (0) 40 - 42 83 8 - 37 59
Project site for hroot
We need a postal address to send you back the contract and we need an email address, to send you login and password for downloading hroot.
hroot is created in a collaborative process and is constantly improved by its users. In order to ease and enhance the cooperation of all interested users of hroot we have set up a GitHub platform in the Internet (https://github.com). There you will always find the latest version of hroot, as well as a wiki with a detailed installation guide. In GitHub you may also report errors to us. Especially it is possible to document your changes of the hroot code on this collaborative project site, so that the improvements of individual users are quickly available to all other licensees.
For licensees: In order to obtain the software via the GitHub platform, please register for a (free) user account on https://github.com. You will immediately receive your own GitHub-User-ID there. If you then simply tell us your GitHub username (e-mail: email@example.com), we will enroll you asap for the hroot project.
hroot is implemented with Ruby on Rails.
© 2011-2016 Universität Hamburg, © Masaryk University